There are a couple of quick rules you can apply: After 5 years, you should have your tyres checked annually by a professional to ensure they’re still safe. After 10 years, you should replace your tyres, even if none of the warning signs listed below are apparent.
If you notice any of the following warning signs, you should have your tyres checked by a professional who can let you know if they need replacing:
- The bead is damaged or deformed (the bead is where they tyre meets the wheel)
- Any hole in the tyre treads is greater 6mm in diameter
- The sidewall is damaged
- The tread is worn down to the indicators (these are small coloured bars you’ll see in the grooves of your tyre)
- There is uneven tread wear
If you notice any of the warning signs, get in touch with us today!
Usually when an engine turns over at a normal speed, it is not a battery problem. There are many other factors to consider other than battery.
Depending on the vehicle. You have to use the appropriate petrol grade, usually this information is found on the petrol flap of your car. But as a rule of thumb, the higher grade the better.
Whichever comes first is the time to service your vehicle. The reason is the action of stopping/starting engine and short distance travel are considered to be severly hard on a vehicle. Hence even if your vehicle hasn’t been driven for as many kilometers as suggested, service needs to be undertaken once the due date’s reached.
You can winterise your car through regular service, which:
- Improve the performance through checking the battery and charging system.
- Clean and flush the cooling system and add new antifreeze into it.
- Ensure the heater system, window defroster and windshield wipers work well and are in good shape. You don’t want to be a tank commander with a tiny hole cleared in the windscreen.
- Check the tyres tread and pressure to ensure you can have safe drive in winter.
- Check the oil and oil filters readiness for winter, the dirty and thick oil avoids your engine from starting in cold weather.
- Make sure the lights are working, especially the front and rear light